Sign up to receive our free newsletter for the latest class schedules and special offers:
Firearms - Initial Exposed Permit Certification
Firearms Certification for Protection Professionals
Increased training = increased income. Earn more NOW!
14 hours (2 days)
Day 1: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Classroom)
Day 2: 9:00am - 3:00pm (Range)
How to Register - Firearms Certification
Why Train With TRG?
- Experienced instructors
- Highest level of training
- Range fees Included
- Free Targets
- On-site LIVESCAN fingerprinting
To attend this course you must:
- Provide your own firearm & ammunition.
- Provide a suitable holster, belt, and a minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or provide proof of legal residence & proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Posses a valid Driver's License or photo ID issued by a US Government agency.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Be proficient in the English language.
During your eight hours of classroom training you will learn moral and legal aspects of the use of deadly force, firearm nomenclature, weapons handling, fundamentals of shooting and emergency procedures.
Upon completion of classroom instruction the student must pass the written examination with a score of 85% or better. If a student fails to pass the written examination, he or she must repeat the entire classroom instruction before retaking the written examination.
Range training provides practice in safe gun handling skills and experience firing your weapon. Each student shall qualify with an 80% score (200 out of 250 points) or 40 rounds out of 50 on the scoring segment.
Firearm Permit Renewals:
Firearm permits expire two years from the date of issuance. Applicants must re-qualify four times during the life of the permit: twice during the first year after the date of issuance, and twice during the second year. Re-qualifications must be at least four months apart. The application for renewal should be submitted to the Bureau 60 days before the firearms permit expires. If you have allowed your firearms permit to expire you may not renew it and must re-apply for a new permit
TRG – Your "One-Stop-Shop" for professional security officer training!
EventList powered by schlu.net